Our Five Favorite Summer Cocktails
Summertime is the best time for entertaining. The days are long. The weather’s warm. And the leisurely pace of life invites the most memorable and spontaneous, ‘come-as-you-are’ get-togethers with friends and family.
I like to be prepared for these unplanned events by having fresh fruits, veggies and bbq fixings on hand to be able to throw on the grill when guests arrive unexpectedly. I also keep my bar stocked with simple ingredients that allow us to mix up fun, refreshing cocktails at a moment’s notice.
Below are recipes for some of my favorite warm-weather cocktails. They’re inspired by our summer travels to some of our favorite vacation destinations… Lake Como, Italy; London, England and Cabo San Lucas. I also added two new recipes from Camp Craft Cocktails. If you haven’t seen them yet, these beautiful jar infusers are game changers! Simply add your favorite alcohol (or hot water for ‘zero proof’ recipes); let it infuse in the fridge for at least three days (and up to a month). When you’re ready to bartend, strain the liquid into glasses or a pitcher and then top off with soda, juices or tonic. Voilá! Instant cocktails!
Check out favorite five cocktail recipes below and be sure to share your special summer drinks in the comments section. Cheers to summer!
(Pro tip: The Camp Craft jar infusers make beautiful hostess gifts and the glassware can be repurposed as flower vases after use.)
The Aperol Spritz, or Spritz Veneziano as it is called in Italy, takes me back to the shores of Lake Como. After one sip, this bubbly, citrus classic Italian cocktail is sure to become a summertime favorite of yours.
2 oz. Aperol
3 oz. Prosecco
2 oz. (or a top off) club soda
- Add Aperol, Prosecco, and club soda into a large wine glass over ice.
- Garnish with fresh orange slices
Spicy Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita
Can you say: Fiesta. Forever… These spicy margarita cocktails, with our all-time favorite Casamigos Blanco Tequila will have you celebrating all summer night long
1.5 oz. Casamigos Blanco Tequila
.75 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
.25 oz. Simple Syrup
2 Cucumber Slices
1 Jalapeno Slice
Cucumber Wheel and Jalapeño Slice to garnish
- Combine all ingredients into a tin shaker
- Muddle cucumber/jalapeño
- Add ice, shake vigorously and fine strain into a small rocks glass
- Add fresh ice and garnish.
Pimm’s No. 1 Cup
This refreshing British cocktail, made with Pimms No. 1, lemonade and fresh fruit, just might may leave you with an English accent.
1 3/4 oz. Pimm's No.1
5 oz. lemonade
- Add all ingredients to a tall glass with ice
- Mix and sip
- Garnish with a few slices of each fruit and mint springs
Camp Hibiscus Ginger Lemon Summer Sparkler
Lemon, ginger and champagne… the perfect combination of flavors to add a fresh twist to your brunch, lunch or happy.
1 oz shot infused tequila (from Hibiscus Ginger Lemon Camp Craft infuser kit)
1 oz simple sugar (citrus infused is preferred)
1 oz fresh lemon juice
Splash of champagne
- To infuse tequila, fill Hibiscus Ginger Lemon Camp Kit infuser with tequila (we prefer Casamigos Blanco Tequila)
- Refrigerate for three days to infuse,
- Strain 1 oz shot from infuser jar for each cocktail
- Add the above ingredients into a shaker half-filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Top with champagne.
Aromatic Citrus Spritzer
Packed with Orange, Rosemary, Thyme, and Bitters, this citrusy, herbaceous blend is one of Camp Craft’s tried and true cocktails. It is the refreshing spritzer for warm afternoons.
1.5 oz. strained shot of vodka or gin from Aromatic Citrus Camp Craft Cocktail Infuser kit
5 oz. fresh orange juice
Champagne or Prosecco
Orange slice and fresh rosemary to garnish
- Fill Aromatic Citrus jar with vodka or gin (follow infusing directions on jar)
- Refrigerate three days to infuse
- Add 5 oz freshly squeezed orange juice to iced glass
- Top off with Champagne or Prosecco
- Garnish with orange and rosemary
Cheers to summer!